Windows server – 1 week assessment
Modernize your infrastructure and applications with the power of cloud. Trust the biggest global network of datacenters with a list of 200+ services enabling organisations to grow and achieve more.
IFI Techsolutions is a born in cloud Microsoft Gold Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider.
Our team of Cloud Certified Experts assess your existing Windows server environment using Microsoft tools/services to gather information with minimal customer intervention and no disruption. We look for opportunities of server upgrade, enhancements, data transformation, system dependency and clustering, security and overall environment optimisation.
Based on the information’s gathered we will provide Migration Roadmap which will help you to understand time, cost, effort, methodology, security configurations along with backup and disaster recovery strategy for your datacenter in Azure. Microsoft Azure’s datacentres are best suited for any Windows server workload, getting you tbe best cost, ability to reuse your existing Windows Server investment and its support is backed directly by the Azure & Windows Server products team together.
Phase 1: Requirement & information gathering
- Discussion for requirement gathering and business goals
- Environment Discovery (Applications/Databases/Network/Others)
- Windows workload identification (AD DC/FS/IIS/SQL/MSMQ/FTP/DNS etc)
- Environment Classification (Prod/QA/DEV/Test)
Phase 2: Analysis of Current infrastructure
- Server optimisation (utilization/seasonality/criticality)
- Storage optimisation
- Identify security needs/issues and provide solutions in Azure
- Identify backup needs/issues and provide solutions in Azure
- Server dependency grouping to create the most efficient migration plan.
Phase 3: Infrastructure Readiness in Azure
- List servers and databases for lift & shift Azure migration.
- List servers and databases with compatibility issue and provide solutions to fix the same.
- List servers for OS or Application version upgrade.
Phase 4: Cost Analysis
- Cost of servers, network and security with optimization for cloud.
- Cost of Backup and DR in cloud.
- Cost of workloads with Hybrid benefits (Windows Server & SQL Server CSP/SA required) and Reserved Instance.
- TCO Report
- Detailed Assessment Report
- Transformation Benefits based on the Assessment
- Estimated timeline and efforts required for datacentre transformation.
- Project Plan which contains the strategies for moving servers to Azur (on request)