Author – Akash Roy, Cloud Engineer
We all have wished for our lives to be easy wherein we have to barely anything and the computer does everything for us.
Microsoft has provided us with their new service- Azure Cognitive services. These services provide us with prebuilt APIs that can be incorporated with your code and can be altered according to your needs.
Azure Cognitive Services are easy to implement and can even be used by even for the newbies. But there are few pre-requisites that must be taken care of in order to incorporate or use Microsoft’s Azure Cognitive Services.
Some of these services/ APIs are separated into 5 different categories. These categories are
- Web Search
The APIs Mentioned above are also bifurcated into specific APIs. Let’s discuss the APIs of the Azure Cognitive Service
- Decision: This API of Azure Cognitive service looks upon the Decision-making capability. It will allow the AI model to make smart decisions faster.
There are three APIs under this category, namely
- Anomaly Detector
- Content Moderator
- Language: This Azure Cognitive API extracts data and meaning from unstructured text
There are five APIs under this category,
- Text Analytics
- Language Understanding (LUIS)
- QnA Maker
- Translator Text
- Immersive Reader
- Vision: This Azure Cognitive API identifies and analyses information and content present in image and videos.
There are six APIs present under this category,
- Video Indexer
- Face Recognition
- Computer Vision
- Custom Vision
- Form Recognizer
- Ink Recognizer
- Speech: Using this Azure Cognitive API you can integrate speaking and listening ability into your application and services
This category has been bifurcated into four APIs, they are
- Speech to Text
- Text to Speech
- Speech Translation
- Speaker Recognition
- Web Search: You can use this Azure Cognitive service to surf the world wide web and filter the results based on your requirements
Web search has a lot of APIs that are being used and can be used by you as well. These APIs are
- Bing Autosuggest
- Bing Custom Search
- Bing Image Search
- Bing News Search
- Bing Entity Search
- Bing Spell Check
- Bing Visual Search
- Bing Video Search
- Bing Web Search
Where can we use Azure Cognitive Services?
- Retail: Azure Cognitive services enable the extraction of detailed insights, which can help in the extraction of required needs of the user.
- Education: you can find the interests of each student and modernise your teaching style with Azure Cognitive services and machine learning, or you can manage suggestions on how to improve the classroom experience. You can use Azure Cognitive service to recognise student faces and mark their attendance.
- Insurance: you can give your customers a better experience with mobile apps by using Azure Cognitive services such as facial or voice recognition. You can also use them to detect possible fraud.
Interested in Microsoft Azure, Let’s CONNECT!